[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks in TXT files

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:03:47 -0500

That seems odd. Txt should be openable by MS Word. Instead of entering on
the file though, you right click it and then arrow down the menu to "Open
with..." and push enter. Now you'll see a big list of programs that are on
your computer so just arrow down until you find Microsoft Word, or keep
pushing the letter M. If you tab once you'll see a check box which says
"Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", or something
along those lines. I personally only check it with specific file formats,
but things like txt are openable by so many programs I don't check the box
because I may want to use a different program the next time I open it.
If you keep tabbing there'll be an ok button so push space on it, and MS
Word will pop open with the txt file in view.