[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks in TXT files

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:20:01 -0500

Hi Marissa,

The problem with Word isn't seeing the page breaks, but rather keeping them. If you load a txt file, edit it, and resave it as a txt document, the page breaks will be gone the next time you load the document.

Dave

At 03:40 PM 12/14/2004, you wrote:
Hi Cindy,

You still won't be able to upload a file that's originally in txt into
rtf, if my memory serves me correctly.

You can edit the txt file in Microsoft Word if you open up the txt file
from the Word application. If you turn on the function that allows you
to see all of the punctuation characters and symbols, you should be able
to see whether or not page breaks have been maintained.

Thanks,
Marissa