[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks Was: font Question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:27:47 -0400

I just press the enter key before and after each page break as I come to them. It won't hurt if you have more than one blank line. The Bookshare tools will automatically delete blank lines anyway. The point in placing them there is so that nothing else gets deleted too.

On 3/15/2012 7:28 PM, Kim Loftis wrote:
Hi Reggie and all,
Thanks very much, Reggie! I'm glad I'm not the first to have this question. *smiles* I'm trying to commit as much as possible to memory now, to save myself tons of re-reading later. LOL Oh, I do love my reading hole, too! Sometimes I have to remember to crawl out long enough to work, eat, etc. Such an inconvenience. LOL Okay, another quick newbie question before I proceed here. This one regards page breaks. In one section of the manual, (Mayrie's very comprehensive section on proofing using Kurzweil), she mentions having blank lines around each page break, and the method of making sure this is done. Find and replace, ^m, and replace all with ^p^m^p. But when I tried this, it threw off my pages by a lot. Contents from one page ended up on another, etc, etc. Is this still a necessary step, and if so, where's my mistake here? I feel like I'm missing (or misunderstanding) something really obvious. LOL Hope to have this done by sometimes tomorrow. Thank you Anastasia S for an excellent scan! Thanks as always, everyone! I'm getting the hang of this, and really appreciate everyone's kindness and patience!
Warmest,
Kim