[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks Versus section braks

  • From: "Claire O'Brien" <ClaireO@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:52:48 -0800

Hi guys-

The concept behind accepting only page breaks is that not all section breaks
are the same. There are continuous section breaks, next page section breaks,
odd page section breaks, etc. They are not interpreted equally by the
conversion processes.

So for now, continue to follow the guidelines in the manual, page breaks are
what we are after.
I spoke to our engineering team about this topic recently. The engineers said
that as they are currently rewriting the RTF conversion tool, and if there were
suggestions let me know, and I"ll make sure they are considered.

Thanks,

Claire O'Brien
Collection Development Manager, Bookshare
Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1609 USA

claireo@xxxxxxxxxxxx