[bksvol-discuss] Page Breaks

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:36:05 -0400

I just left K1000 and haven't manage to get files into OpenBook but I finally
understand why and what the discussion over page breaks is about and like
others in the discussion my wordpad programs do not clearly indicate where one
page ends and the next begins.  This can be guessed at where there are page
numbers on the pages somewhere but not all pages are numbered openly even when
they are in the page count.  I know when scanning I included blank pages to
keep the pagination honest but like other newbies I don't know what to do when
there is no page number and nothing to indicate even a blank or partial page.
Has someone come up with a solution as wordpad does show pages.  Will I have to
wait for OpenBook  or switch to WordPerfect which does include pagination where
I put it but also has its own numbering that would indicate the non-numbered
pages [I think].  When I have used it it divides the text into pages so if I
print the text it knows where the breaks are and I can check or add the
pagination where and when I want..

JPEG image