[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:42:22 -0800

It could be there is a control character (something that is supposed to tell the computer to do something, rather than a text character) right before or after the page break. Is the dong the same sound your computer makes when you have done something wrong? That would be a good indication it is a control character.

If there are blank lines before and after the page break, I would select everything from the first blank line after the text on page 7 to the last blank line before the text on page 8 (or whatever the correct pages are) and delete them. Then put a blank line, page break, blank line back in.

Chances are you don't really need to do this since the bookshare converter should strip any control characters out. But, if you just want to get rid of that noise, that should do it.

Misha

Melissa Smith wrote:
Okay. I decided to move character by character to examine it more closely. I have attribute changes on, so I can hear changes in font. Well, The document is in times new roman, the normal page breaks are in tahoma, and the donging page break is in arial . Not sure why, but I'm guessing that has something to do with why it dongs.

Melissa

Lori Castner wrote:
Mayrie, I agree with you. Occasionally we get the dong sound rather than the words page break, but the hard page break symbol is there. I would love to know why the dong occurs, but I have no clue.

Lori C.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>