[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pacmate Help Desperately Needed

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:34:04 -0700

Laura, 1 other thing. Remove all peripherals from your packmate, e.g.,
USB drives, sticks, sd cards, any hardware plugged in such as your
braille display. plug in the AC adapter, then try turning it on, e.g.,
make certain this is not a power problem.  If u know your battery's
charged & u suspect an AC adapter problem, try it the other way round.
That cold reset's gonna kill everything, I'm sure u already know that,
let's try those measures b4 resorting to the "big weeny".

On 12/17/07, Lora <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, but I'm not sure what to tell you.  No new software whatsoever.   I
> think I have Pacmate 4.1, but I can't check.  I know I haven't done an
> update in more than a year, as I basically use this as a reading machine.
>
> And it's a Pacmate with a 20-cell Braille display.
>
> I bought it about 18 months ago, I think.

Jackie McBride