[bksvol-discuss] PQ books replacing volunteer-submitted ones

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:59:11 -0700 (PDT)

No, my concern is that all that work is gone to waste. I'm glad you don't
mind--you're more generous in thought and feeling than I. smile. One of the
first PQ books replaced one that I had validated, and I was/am angry that that
happened. I take great care with my validations--read word for word, and when
finished do a final spell-check in case I missed anything (and usually do find
something I missed) and a final page check to be sure the page numbers are
correct (I've found that sometimes I got so involved in reading that I skipped
putting in a page break that wasn't there originally, or mis-numbered). I don't
like having my work dumped in favor of a PQ book which, as I understand, still
has some problems for brf with extraneous junk and may or may no have other
problems like missing page breaks--or has that been fixed, now. I don't see why
both books can't be in the collection and the member can have a choice as to
which he/she wants to read.
 Fortunately, I haven't seen any other books that I've validated be added by
HarperCollins, and though I know the Princess Diary series probably will be, I
did those willingly rather than wait because there was a time requirement. I do
have the list and will check before validating. I

In the meantime, Mary Anne and I, and, I gather, Allison and others, have been
spending time adding short synopses to the PQ books that are being added. I
think some of the recent additions are from Random House. I must remember to
ask Carrie if there is a list of those so I don't spend time validating any of
those.

G.Cindy

- I