[bksvol-discuss] Re: PQ books and page numbering

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:51:28 -0500

I downloaded and unzipped this book without a problem, when I first saw it on John's list. I hadn't gotten around to reading it. I opened it in Kurzweil without problem, though it did take quite a while. Kurzweil says there are 1319 pages. I tried opening the xml file in IE 8 and FireFox, and it caused both of them to crash. I would rather read the xml file, if I could. Perhaps bookshare should consider splitting books larger than, say 1000 pages in to 2 volumes. Both volumes could be included in the same zip file, and clearly be labeled as vol. 1 and vol. 2.

Melissa