[bksvol-discuss] Re: Outsourcer scanning quality.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:22:36 -0500

Hi Debby!

Sad to say, scanning quality is not a guarantee when done by an outsourcer.
I've filed more Book Quality Reports on outsourcer scans than scans done by
volunteers. *smile*

If you decide you don't want to do a BSO, I'd encourage you to file a Book
Quality Report. That way, Bookshare staff will review the book and determine
if it needs a rescan. My thought is that filing a Book Quality Report helps
Bookshare staff monitor quality because they're made aware of a problem.

Blessings.

Lynnsky