[bksvol-discuss] Re: Outsourcer replacement of excellent books (was "courtesy")

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:18:06 -0400

If they are checking the collection during the past two months, they must have missed the "hold for e" on Nicholas Cook. I just gave up bring it up over and over again Judy with the VAT team. Eventually, as you know, I gave up altogehter on the VAT team and left so I could actually have time to get things done in my own personal work and helping Cindy with her list. Helping her seems more tangible work to me than going round and round in discussions with VAT. I am sure you will all get things done eventually but there was so much discussing it simply was taking a lot of my time and if felt like I might use my time more profitably. After a while, I just could not take it any more. Perhaps you can recruit somebody with the right kind of patience for the process you have in place.

E.

At 11:23 AM 8/26/2009, you wrote:
HI Evan,

Bring it up again to VAT. smile. I'm guessing you mentioned it when the group was just getting organized, and it probably got lost in the shuffle. All I can suggest is that you personally champion this problem and keep after the VAT team and Bookshare staff until it gets addressed to your satisfaction. That's what I did with the Word proofreading documentation, as there was very little response for the first week after I asked the VAT team for input. smile.

Judy s. (fellow VAT member)

By the way, when I raised the issue of outsourcer replacement of existing Excellent rated books in the collection on the Volunteer Advisory Team list, the only one who even responded was Bob. It struck me as very strange at the time that noone else seemed to care about the issue.

It's been nearly two months since that incident, and maybe they are now checking the collection before sending books to the outsourcers. I can only hope so anyway. But clearly they are not checking the books being proofread list yet.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4369 (20090826) __________

http://www.eset.com