[bksvol-discuss] Re: Outsourcer replacement of excellent books (was "courtesy")

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:11:07 -0400

Thanks, Judy. I can try and do what I can, but I can't keep track of what Bookshare replaces that other volunteers have scanned or validated. That's why it needs to involve many people, who will then be more likely to notice if/when their books are replaced.

However, as I said, even though I never got an official response to my initial post, it may be that Bookshare is trying to be more asiduous in checking before replacing books rated Excellent that are already in the collection. I hope so. Neither Lissi nor myself have seen any of ours lately. So what I would hope is that people would keep an eye out for books that they have done--particularly Excellent ones, as those with lower ratings should be replaced--and mention it when those Excellent books get replaced. If nothing gets mentioned for a while, then I guess it would be safe to conclude that Bookshare is doing what volunteers and members are supposed to do before scanning a book.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>