[bksvol-discuss] Re: Outsourcer & Publisher Titles List has been updated

  • From: Pavi Mehta <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:57:50 -0700

Hi Denise,

Thanks for writing in.  If you look at the wiki page where this link is housed
you'll find that it says "Books In Collection or In Process by
Outsourcers/Publishing Partners". As explained earlier this is basically a
running list of all titles that Publishers/Outsourcers have put in and/or are
in the process of putting into the collection. So while this list won't help in
terms of determining the status of a book -  it is helpful in helping
volunteers determine  whether or not to scan a particular book. If the title
appears on this list then you know that book is either already in the
collection or in process.

As mentioned before we are working with engineering to create a simpler and
more efficient way for volunteers and staff alike to search for a book and
determine its status right away. Until that tool is ready we are using the
workaround of this list on the wiki to help prevent duplication of effort.

Please let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Warm regards,
Pavi

Pavi Mehta
Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare