[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ot: Learning About Facebook

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:07:07 -0500

I'm not a member of Facebook and I'm not really interested in that sort of thing, but if there's not such a list I can see the importance of one for those who are interested. If there's already not such a list and someone wants to start one, I'd be willing to host such a list on my site. I wouldn't want to run it just because it's not my thing, although I might join and become interested at some point, but I would be willing to host it.

E. wrote:
Monica if there is a listserve for blind facebook users perhaps you can mention it and folks can start there for answers. Perhaps you can have a question and answer session later. Perhaps you can set up a mailbox where somebody can post a question and then post a question and answer list somewhere.

Hope these ideas are useful.

Are folks allowed by facebook to promote personal business interests such as advertising to particular segments or mentioning that a person has such and such a business?

Elizabeth

At 05:48 PM 2/3/2009, you wrote:
Shane, thanks for mentioning that. I hope people will come tonight instead of waiting for the stream if they can because there will be a chance to ask
questions tonight that won't be available from listening to a stream or
archive. I'm glad they make the archives available for people. I guess I
feel a little concerned about people having a place to go with questions
after listening to the recorded program. I need to find a way for people to
get help later if needed.

Monica Willyard