[bksvol-discuss] Re: O.t. All in ones

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:52:15 -0500

Siobhan, I'm responding to you on list in case others might be considering buying these devices. Please don't buy one of these with the idea that you can scan books with it. They can sometimes work for scanning mail, but the scanner part of these devices is meant more for photocopy and faxing. It's not usually a quality scanner, and it's slower than molasses in January. In addition, Kurzweil does not work with some of these devices. I know it wouldn't work with the Xerox or the HP models in my dad's office. I spent hours trying to make them work. Unless there are some very new models that have better scanners, and unless you can try one before buying it, I would urge you to buy a separate scanner and printer. At the very least, please ask the people who work at Kurzweil if there is a model they would recommend.

Monica Willyard

Siobhan wrote:
Hi al. I'm considering buying an all in one printer, scanner, and copier. If anyone has one, please email off list so I can pick your brain. Thanks,
Siobhan