[bksvol-discuss] Re: Optional Hyphens

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

Lori, I'm not sure what you mean by optional hyphens. Do you mean the hyphens
that sometimes appear at the ends of lines? They are not optional, but are
misplaced. If they are part of a word that is supposed to be hyphenated, they
can stay at the end d f the line or if possible be put where they're suppose to
be. If the word should not be hyphenated remove the hyphen and closeup the
word. If the hyphen is at the end of the page, put the whole word on either
that page or the next page. (not sure if I'm being clear;maybe someone else can
explain better.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

optional hyphens.  I believe that we are not required to remove them, but I
would like to do so, but can't find instructions for doing so in the
manual.
>Can anyone tell me the process for removing these
hyphens?

>I'm going to be getting a new computer in several
weeks but found this fairly short book I can complete proofreading before then,
so hope I can remove these hyphens.