[bksvol-discuss] Re: OpticBook

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 11:48:56 -0700

Hi Nan,

I think it's a pretty safe bet that BookShare would be happy to have you submit anything that you feel like submitting. Chances are that if someone wrote a book, and you enjoyed reading it, someone else will enjoy reading it too. And, if it isn't available through BookShare, no one else will be able to enjoy it, or maybe even know that it exists. So, long rambly story short, submit away. Just my opinion.

Peace,
Mayrie

 At 11:06 AM 9/2/2007, you wrote:
Just wanted y'all to know I got my new Plustek
OpticBook 360 scanner and am in absolute heaven.. I
scanned a whole book Friday and was amazed at the
accuracy.

I don't know if Bookshare wants books I scan for my own
use.. some may be pretty obscure.  This one was "The
Landscape of Anglo-Saxon England" which sends me into
ratures but  not sure it would many others.. whom
should I ask?

Nan Hawthorne

P.S.  My new Celtic music show starts this week on
Wednesday!!!  It's online at Phoenix Internet Radio
http://www.phxinternetradio.com/  - 1 PM and midnight
Arizona time.  Y'all come!