[bksvol-discuss] Re: Optaconon eBay & quaitons for bookshare volanteers

  • From: Nadia Cioffi <cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:49:31 -0400

graphics are good sometimes. I much I didn't think I was visual
learning.That was proved wrong when someone tyred to explain something. I
told them to show me picture. Now sometimes that just confers me more. I use
to watch TV 24/7 until my eight grade when I became legally blind.
Personally, I don't miss at times, but at other times I do. When everyone
else is talking about the hottest movie and they ask if I've seen it.
Personally. My computer screen is as big as my T.V so I watch TV on my
computer. T.V is sometimes overrated with some shows and others I just don't
really care because I can go look at parts online. I much regather listen to
what whats on TV then watch it times. I hate black and white movies / shows
because I can't define much detail then. I also hate when everyone just uses
fecal expiation and voice. That I have to say is the thing that reminds me
everyday of good I could see. Now from my expanse having fever and us to
have glaucoma  and much better sight. The thing that eats at me the most is
that people think it's one big joke. At least some of them. I had a hard
desertion to make on on weather I rather have fake eye or pain for the resat
of my life. The eye that I had removed had the glaucoma in it. I could not
see out of any way, but at 16 years old that was a very hard choices. I had
one eye sugary to try to get ride of the pain and then that didn't work so I
had to choices. fake eye or another sugary that could take up to six months
to work. After 16 years of dealing with eye presser of 30 (witch I got us to
and was normal for me) I could withstand up to 35 before crying going to
eye DR. Come to find out my eye was dieing. Started in the summer lasted for
6 months. I made the final call. At the time I thought it was the worst idea
every because I went though any other 4 weeks of pain before I felt like
doing any thing. Of course when they cut your optic nerve (I can't see
anything out that anyway) It's going hurt. I took me 1 and 1/2 to anally
tell people this. Please also say we as group of Strabo typing don't have
ponces, deathless, and the thing that tars me down the most is you've never
gone though anything hard. Wong, my whole point is that I think that makes
use stronger as person. (at times makes us mad) The reason I'm saying
this is that if everyone known what everyone was going maybe they would not
think we "so helpless". Anything this thing that we are going have to deal
with our whole life is self-advocating for what right and not what so
easy. Another thing, I was told when my brought me to the US I only need eye
glasses. I don't think so. I'd like to hear your thoughts one what think are
common aspirations and what story you have to tell? If u feel OK with feel
free to keep emailing replays. My whole point education is key, not yelling
at someone or punching them, that we are not going to live up
your peoples bad things they think we are. As sad as it is I was told
that if a sighted person has to work 200% as hard we have to work that
200% and sometimes harder. Is more like is a sighted person is working 200%
then we have 200+89++% harder. What are year thoughts? What things get you a
day in life? Just int rusted and hearing your thoughts also, they say "a
pictor is worth a thouds words" lets change to "your voice and tone, can
Tell more about a person than a pictor. As for the OCR always us it, makes
things clear for the xhtml copy when someone dowloads and reads it of the
internet. RTM can hold graphics keep in mind that not all our user are
blind. Sorry about the really long email.
Bookworm101