[bksvol-discuss] Re: Opening a book in Microsoft word.

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:21:05 -0500

Hey Lelia, what if you simply open the xml file with your browser, which it will do by default if you don't rename the file extension? What does your braille display show when you do that?

Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Lelia Struve
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 5:17 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Opening a book in Microsoft word.

Hi, first let me give you details on what I have, I am running windows
7 on a dell desktop, I have jaws 13, and I've got a focus blue 40 classic.

What I want to do is read a book with jaws and my focus 40 blue.  When
I try opening a book in the BRf format in word it says it can't open
the file.  So I then tried downloading the same book in daisy text only
and opened the folder and tried renaming the mxl part of the book and
for some odd reason renaming was disabled.

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated, I can't believe there
isn't a way to just open a bookshare book in word and read with your
Braille display.

I also tried web reader and ugh that is not very accessible.

thanks.

--
Lelia