[bksvol-discuss] Re: Opening Files

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:22:58 -0700

This sounds real vague to me.  It depends on whether you mean books
that are on the site for all members to read or if you mean the
material you would proofread as a volunteer.

If it's general books available to all bookshare subscribers, then you
have to unzip the file with a standard unzip tool like winzip, winrar,
7zip, or the unzip unix command.  You should be prompted for a
password which was setup when you subscribed.

If you're proofreading a book, then when it is checked out, it
downloads a RTF file - <book title>.rtf.  Just use any word processor
like Open Office Writer or MS Word and start reading away.

If it was something else you intended, then I don't know what to say.