[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook TTS

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0600

Phyllis,

Freedom Scientific has some articles in their knowledgebase about problems
with OpenBook loading Via Voice which you may want to read.  I didn't
mention them before because you didn't mention having another piece of
software on your computer which is running Via Voice.  From what I remember
reading, they said that not every piece of software runs the same version of
Via Voice.  That includes their own software like TestTalker and WYNN.  The
multiple versions confuses Windows.  If you  do have this problem, then you
will need to decide on a single version then tell Windows which version to
use.  There were instructions on how to do that in the articles, but if
you've been reading Dave's messages on natural voices, then you know that
you may not be able to count on the instructions.

Article name: When you start OpenBook, a dialog box asks you to select a
speech engine.

There are similar articles for TestTalker and WYNN which also show up when
you search for OpenBook in the knowledgebase.

Don't know if this is relevant, but I thought I'd mention it in case it is.

Gerald