[bksvol-discuss] Openbook Settings

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:35:01 -0400

I know there are several Openbook users on this list who turn out some good scans. I've found 3 settings in the scanning settings area that I'd like to know how you handle. There is a checkbox for despeckle and another for white on black. Finally, there is a setting called language analyst. I currently have all 3 of these turned on. Should I have these on by default, or are some of these settings meant for specific and somewhat rare situations? I scan books exclusively, no newspapers or faxes. I appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer. (smile)