[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook Punctuation scanno

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:35:54 -0400

Scot

I use OB 8 also. I've had the same issue the last two books I scanned. They were both paper backs. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. I'm using three way. I read my books as I go so I just fix the punctuation and go on. I can pretty much tell by ear when it's happening so I fix it.

Denise

At 01:12 PM 10/24/2009, you wrote:
Hi folks,

My usually trusty Openbook has decided to present a challenge with my current scan. The end of a line of dialog, which should read as period, followed by a closing quotation mark, is showing up either as a question mark, followed by an apostrophe, or a colon, followed by an apostrophe. I've played around with the scan resolution, OCR correction, and de-speckle options to no avail. I'm using Openbook 8, and working with the Omnipage + 2-way voting scanning engine. I've tried using Fine Reader, the version that comes with OB 8, but that yields overall less attractive results.

Any thoughts?
Scott