[bksvol-discuss] Re: Open Book scanning engines

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:13:38 -0500

Dear Sue, Gerald and Jake,

Thank you, Gerald, for the information specific to my question about Open Book.

Sue, I followed your advice and went to Jake's home site and read his comparison of Kurzweil and Open Book where I learned even more.

Jake, I'm used to going to your tips and lists site for instruction, refreshers, to contribute to and review the categories and always to skim the recap on the newest Marissa's lists. I forget I can also go to your home page which boasts a cool animated graphic which doesn't confuse Jaws.

I remember that Grace was one of the first volunteers I noticed who encouraged us to go to your list for solutions to our scanning and validating problems and who described the tips she wrote herself. That list has certainly grown! It's as if you've devised a sort of Wickopedia for Booksharians!

Some of the contributors are volunteers I don't recall posting here ever or often. It just reminds me that those of us who post to this list are a small percentage of the active Bookshare volunteers.

I need to remind myself that while it may be quicker and more personal to ask questions here, my first impulse, that it's more time efficient for everyone if I check the tips list
where my answer is waiting.

Always with love,

Lissi.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>