[bksvol-discuss] Re: Open Book scanning engines

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:43:01 -0600

Lissi,

OpenBook includes the following OCR engines: FineReader 7.0, OmniPage 12.5,
and Recognita 12.5.  It doesn't appear to be available for the Mac, but I'd
suggest calling Freedom Scientific and asking them instead of assuming that
it doesn't since their website still shows on one of its pages that it
supports FineReader 6.02, OmniPage 12, and Recognita 12 instead of the
versions I listed above which come with OpenBook as of version 7.02.
The number is 1-800-444-4443.

HTH

Gerald