[bksvol-discuss] Re: Open Book problem

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:48:06 -0500

It looks like the first part of my email was cut off. Let me try this again. This sounds like a question for the JAWS support list. I was subscribed to that for a time, but now I do not have the subscribe information. Does anyone else?

On 12/12/2012 11:32 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
for a time, but now I do not have the subscribe information. Does anyone else?
On 12/12/2012 10:02 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
Here are the steps. I go to Windows Internet Explorer type in Google.com when I pressed enter it said Google search took me into the edit box. I typed in my search and LS BART BART. I pressed enter and it said and out Best Buy Google search. Usually it says something about the page like page has however many headings and however many links. It's not doing that when I press the down arrow key it says blank press up arrow key it says blank. I press tab several times it does nothing until it takes me to the address bar which takes a bit. I don't know what's going on but I can't do anything with it in the Internet. Everything else is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2012, at 7:34 PM, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

That sounds like you may just be passing over blank lines. If you let it do a continuous read does it have a problem where those blanks are? If it doesn't and if it just keeps reading I think that is what is going on.
On 12/12/2012 4:51 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
Hi,
This isn't related well not exactly but I'm curious if anyone has faced this particular problem. I was trying to access a website audible.com to be precise when all of the sudden my Internet instead of showing to webpage just started saying blank blank blank when you press the down arrow key. I reset the Internet settings. I've also tried uninstalling a program I installed earlier today thinking that might be the problem it doesn't seem to be the case. Is there something I'm not seeing? I tried it with the Bookshare website which is completely accessible. Still same problem.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2012, at 4:44 PM, "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Ann;
I fixed the problem, the scanner wasn't letting go of the TWAIN after
processing (or something like that). Now today, I am facing another problem. The dang thing WILL NOT "come on"...well rather, I can't tell whether or not the light is on or off. There are no "eyes" at home with me right now and today my sight is not cooperating with me, so I'll check as soon as someone
comes home.
Netta

Sender: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx