[bksvol-discuss] Re: One of my first scans

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:00:07 -0400

Hi Nan.  In order to save page breaks, there is one maybe two settings that
you must set within your scanning software program before starting the scan.

1.  Retain page breaks:  this will appear somewhere is a list of options to
check or uncheck that pertain to formatting.  You definitely want to check
this option.
2.  Split dual pages:  sometimes appears under scanner options and needs to
be checked if you are placing the book face-down and scanning two pages at
once.

If your scan didn't retain any page breaks except where
Word thinks they should be, then the first format option wasn't checked.  If
it's the second setting that's the problem, then it will look like there are
half as many pages as there really are.

If you'll tell us what scanning software you are using, then someone may
know exactly where to tell you to look to fix these settings.

HTH.

Donna