[bksvol-discuss] Re: One new submission and two old ones

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:36:11 -0400

I don't know how my message got munged, but let me try again. I have just submitted "W. E. B. Du Bois Speaks" edited by Philip S. Foner. It is my first submission since I finally solved that problem in which each and every line was turned into its own paragraph. It was scanned two pages at a time and each two pages were preproofed before the next two pages were scanned, so it should be a pretty easy proof. However, there are two others that I would like to give priority to. They are "E Pluribus Unicorn" by Theodore Sturgeon -- this is a book of old science fiction short stories and I think it might appeal to Misha, but anyone else who has the means and expertise may take it -- and "U. S. Hands Off the Mideast" by Fidel Castro. Both of these were also scanned two pages at a time and each two pages were preproofed before the next two pages were scanned, so except for the fact that every line was turned into a seperate paragraph by my OCR they should be pretty easy proofs too. I would really appreciate it if someone who has the means and expertise to take care of that problem would take them so that they can be moved off the checkout list before a new volunteer gets hold of them.

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." - George Bernard Shaw

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com