[bksvol-discuss] OmniPage version 16: Direct ocr, there autoscan, and those buttons with Jaws 9

  • From: "Matti Jatkola" <matti.jatkola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:08:07 +0100

Hi,

Please, do you have experience of Jaws in the following case:

1. I choose Direct ocr in Word 2003

2. Then I choose Autoscan, and put delay-time five seconds

3. OmniPage 16 works well but Jaws does not have enough time to show
buttons: "pause", "stop scanning", "scan now".

4. After feeding the pages of the book manually I don't know how to stop
autoscanning session with help of Jaws-navigation smart way.

Naturally, I could slow down the tempo and choose a longer
pause-time-parameter, but this is not a point of effective ocr routine!

Any ideas there?

Also, please drop a direct mail to me, if there are visually
impaired/blind academics, who scan continuously humaniora of literature
criticism, philosophy, etc.

Regards,
Matti

Haparanda, Sweden