[bksvol-discuss] Old books on step one page

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 08:17:47 -0800

Hello Everyone!

I thought I'd try to help out and take a book from the oldest books listed on Jake's site to validate. (Thanks Jake for providing said list, very helpful). Several of the books that I looked at were done except for varification of title, author, and/or copyright info. I assume that somewhere is the original validator who, hopefully has the final cleaned up copy of the book. Two of the names that I noticed as the last users before Gustavo's notes were Lisa Salinger, and Laura Ann. I assume that validating that info, or just checking the form for accuracy should be relatively simple. Unfortunately, I didn't make note of the titles. Yeah, I know, not very helpful of me. But just so at least those two validators know, you have books almost in the collection, just needing some minimal varification, or minor error in the form.

If three of the five books that I looked at had this issue, how much smaller would the list be if those books were passed on through the final process? I see very clearly the need for a separate list of books kicked back to step one. However, as there isn't such a list, could someone spread the word to validators that their books may well be all but in the collection, and could they please do a quick check? I hate to download a book that someone else probably has a clean copy of hanging out on their computer somewhere. I do want to help, but that seems like wasted effort. Help?

Peace,

Mayrie