[bksvol-discuss] Re: Old FR Discussion

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:45:15 -0400

Yes, format settings is where you make this change.  However, there is a
difference in the options provided between FR7 and FR8.  FR7 allows you to
choose the option of retain font and font size, but this doesn't seem to be
an option in FR8.  I still think retain original layout is the culprit, but
which of the two other options work, or if either of them work, I can't say.
I no longer have a trial version of FR8 to play around with, so I'd
recommend that you choose one of the two settings, scan a couple of pages,
test the results and then do it again with the remaining setting.  Good old
trial and error.  I don't know if either will resolve the issue, but the
only way to know is to play around with it.  I can't believe that they made
their product less robust when they upgraded it.  But then, what do I know?

The issue of reverse pages is an interesting one.  I'd look for and play
around with any settings that say something about page orientation.

Perhaps some of the other FR8 users will chime in and give us good
information.  It seems like there was someone, Tom maybe? Who was having
on-going dialogs with FR software engineers.

Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Peace and Hope,

Donna

  _____