[bksvol-discuss] Okay I'm putting in my two cents on Holds for books

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:38:20 -0800

Hi, since I'm not a prolific proofreader (as yet), I will go and check out a
book if somebody holds it for me. I prefer to do one book at a time. I do
think it would be a great thing if books with holds on them could be
released in a timely manner so they can be proofed. How are we going to do
this in a timely manner. Could there be some sort of notification saying
something like: (name of book) has been on hold for (name amount of time if
practical). (name proofreader) if you have no plans to proofread this book,
please email and either release the book so others can work on it or check
it out. You could also inform the submitter how long the book is on hold and
can ask if he/she will allow another proofreader to work on it. The
submitter should have a say on who proofreads the submission so it isn't
messed up. I think if both sides do good work (submitters and proofreaders)
Bookshare benefits, non-volunteer members benefit, and we benefit through a
sense of satisfaction that books are done right and added to the collection.
Regards, Kim.

database 4713 (20091223) __________

http://www.eset.com