[bksvol-discuss] Re: Of screenreaders and other talking tech for validation

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:41:02 -0500

The PAC Mate Model seems solid.  We've purchased it for our students use,
and I've been playing  with its features.  The braille is solid with the
advantages that JAWS brings to braille when connected to a display.  I have
a gripe about the braille input keyboard if you are a fast braillist.  But I
like the fact that it is based on a off-the-shelf technology as opposed to
development for special blind use.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director