[bksvol-discuss] Re: Obtaining Books to Scan

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:22:42 -0700

Garage sales
Craigslist.org
freecycle.org
library book sales
tell friends and relatives what you are doing, some may give or lend you books

If you are interested in science fiction I can send you some (in that case I would want to proof them)

Misha

Andromache wrote:
I just want to know how people here get new books to scan. That is, what would be the most cost-effective way of finding and purchasing books that I might be interested enough to read and scan for the collection? Amazon is a great company and their prices are pretty good. However, I've seen used books on there asking for $4 for shipping, which is ridiculous when you can get books locally without paying that. Also, I'd feel mor comfortable about buying the books rather than borrowing from libraries because scanning necessarily destroys the spines. But if I could get books for free without having to worry about wrecking them, I'd certainly jump at such opportunities as well. Any tips you're willing to share would be appreciated.

Andromakhe