[bksvol-discuss] Re: Obscure books

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:20:03 -0500 (EST)

Robin

Carrie states my feelings very well.  As someone who scans books intending
it for the BookShare customer,
and it takes 8-10 or perhaps more hours preparing the books, it helps
placing that time on something that will reach an audience.
Hence, if I realized that certain authors, for example, tended to be read
more than others, it would make sense to focus on those.
Despite the pace at which the BookShare collection is growing, it still
contains only a small amount of the books out there.
And as choices have to be made, why not see that choices are productive
ones.
No one is stopping anyone from submitting anything; but, at the same time,
it would help both submitters, validators, and staff
to know what is being valued and what is being ignored.