[bksvol-discuss] Re: O.T when can we get firefox?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:52:11 -0500

Hey Cindy,
Firefox is available as a free download yes, but assistive technology like JAWS and Window-Eyes are not yet prepared to work with the software. There are lots of built-in functionality so that we can navigate the web as efficiently as possible and all of that has to be prepared to work in Firefox's environment.

Window Eyes has released the first public beta that supports firefox and Pratik announced that JAWS is set to release at the end of this month with Firefox support.

So until then we are stuck without it. And of course half the reasons Firefox is more secure is because hackers are not heavily targeting it yet....

HTH,
Jake