[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: wedding

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lissi,

  Actually Tamara doesn't like cake, so they're having wedding pies instead.
We had a pie tasting a month ago, of various store-bought and home-made pies,
and the decision at the end of the evening was: home-made pies are better.  So
I'm baking 2 pies, and another couple is baking 6 pies for the wedding.  The
couple had a dress rehearsal last weekend, just to make sure they could do it.
They woke up Saturday morning, baked 6 pies, and got their kids (1 and 3 years
old) dressed, all before 10:30am since the wedding starts at 11am.  Luckily
they had a picnic to go to that day, so their pies were all eaten.  I just hope
it goes smoothly for them this Saturday too!

  Thanks for all your good wishes, Carrie

Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Carrie,

Have a joyous time!

Ditto for the pictures and if there's any left over cake...

Always With Love,

Lissi

Give me the higher ground any day even if I have to climb uphill to meet it.
Bill the Pony, from The Tenth Walker by Lyndellia, Tolkien Fan Fiction