[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT web braille

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:34:51 -0500

Hi Julie,
    No, you don't have to be a list monitor to offer help. However, in an
attempt to cut down on list traffic, I often try and keep the following
guidelines in mind.

1. Always read all posts before replying. If you are merely duplicating what
someone else has said, you are (a) wasting your time writing the message, (b)
cluttering the list with unnecessary posts--giving everyone else extra mail,
(c) making the archives fuller and harder to use, and (d) using unnecessary
bandwidth.

2. If I'm not confident in my answer or think that someone else might be better
suited to answer the question, I will wait a while. If no one else steps up to
the plate then I'll go ahead and respond.

And this is directed to everyone...
please please, read all of the mail for this list before responding. We don't
need 5 people answering a single question where one person's answer would
suffice. Keeping the list traffic from including unnecessary posts means more
time for all and more time to volunteer. (Note, I am in no way suggesting that
this list should be limited, or that someone should feel bad about posting
questions--just duplications).

Jake