[bksvol-discuss] OT: url--interesting article about cochlear implants and advances in software

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Louise sent this to me, and I'm sure to other friends.
I found the article fascinating, I know some of you
are deaf or hard of hearing and thought you might be
interested--in fact, I think anyone interested in
technology and what's going on to help people with
disabilities would find it interesting.

I was stunned to read how expensive a cochlear implant
is.

Cindy

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/bolero_pr.html