[bksvol-discuss] OT tribute to Judson

  • From: "Kathy Novak" <trebor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:06:45 -0700

        Shelly,
     I have had guides for 40 years. My second, a yellow lab Mario took me from
being a terrified student afraid to walk off campus in Tucson Arizona, to
crossing LA by myself on public transportation. (My first guide and I didn't
succeed.) I love my other guides, but will never forget Mario's contributions
to expanding my life. We couldn't keep our guides after retirement then, so I
don't know how he passed days, but turning over his harness and hearing him
being led out of the dorm room when we returned to San Rafel left a hole that
nothing can fill. Who can pay enough tribute to such wonderful partners and
friends?

Kathy Novak