[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: to Jamie--ouch--and Jake?

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:00:27 -0800 (PST)

the last time i had a brachial plexus block, cindy,
they put it in my neck and i could barely hold my head
up. so this time they put it in my armpit (ugh)

i have better control over my arm today but not full
yet

a few years ago a car ran a red light and hit my full
size van broadside, and rolled it. at the time i was
driving and my left elbow broke the drivers side
window and then hit the pavement as the van rolled

as a result i have had 4 surgeries on it to remove
glass, rocks, and to repair the ulnar nerve which was
flattened and broken in places (in addition to 10
months of physical therapy and 5 months of wearing a
turnbuckle splint)

i still have a lot of nerve damage to that area though
so i wear lidocane patches but i've been wearing them
constantly again so i get injections at the pain
clinic to desenstize the nerve. they do them 3
tuesdays in a row. so i got one last week but this
week they wanted to try a different one. i will get
another next week.

i made arrangements not to go to school today but i
have 2 speeches on monday plus 2 tests on monday so i
still have lots of homework to do before monday. and
will probably have to turn in a speech that is due
12-6 but since i'll get another injection 12-5 i doubt
i will go to school 12-6. that speech won't be given
until 12-11 but it has to be turned in the wednesday
before.

i'll be done with this semester 12-13 and then next
semester starts 1-8 i think.

so anyway that's my long winded story. amazing how
one's life can change in the blink of an eye.

Jamie in Michigan
Books gone wild.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/referral/jamieyates