[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: stories and imagination

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:52:01 -0600

Okay, I'm going to take this way off topic, but I promise not to continue it much beyond this. However, it is Saturday night, and ...

My early years consisted of a steady diet of old time radio--but, then it wasn't old time at all.

One of my fondest memories is of listening with my great grandmother (who was born in 1863). We wept and we cheered over the exploits of Stella Dallas and just plain bill. If I was good, she would let me listen to the loan ranger.

There is a great site that has a lot of these shows which you can either download or play online.
The URL is http://www.fearyoucanhear.com/
If I remember correctly, they have a free subscription for those of us who are blind and I think there is a minimal registration fee for the rest.

Bob