[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: standard poodles

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:42:21 -0500

If you feed a dog the right food with enough vitamins and nutrients the sheding can sometimes be reduced. Having said that, some breeds shed a lot more than others and all need regular grooming or they will smell more and shed more. Regular means several times a week if one wants to really keep a dog in great shape. The brushing helps keep the coat clean and helps circulation and makes you and puppy happy.

E.
At 07:53 PM 11/15/2006, you wrote:
I wonder if every dog doesn't have some problems that
go with it. My daughter's beagle mix has some little
gland at her rear that has to be expressed
periodically--and the dogs I had always shed.

Now, I see, though, there are a lot more products
around that help. Shelley mentioned a comb or brush, I
bought some kind of mitt for my grand-dog that you can
use to dry-bathe her and keep her from smelling. It
wasn't very expensive.

Cindy