[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: standard poodles

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:34:21 -0600

Hi, Cindy! I think the breed you're referring to is called a Labradoodle. <Smile> I am meeting with a lady from the Guide Dog Foundation in a couple of weeks, and I understand that they have that particular breed available. Maybe standard poodles as well, I'm not sure. My neighbor has a standard poodle, and she's a lovely dog! I wouldn't mind having either of those breeds as a guide dog. In fact, that's my preference, since public transportation is almost nonexistent around here, and many of my friends who help me to get from point A to Point B suffer from allergies to dogs. I haven't seen a Labradoodle yet, but my understanding is that some of them have the same face shape as a Lab, but their coat is similar to a standard poodle.

Jana