[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: spelling names et al

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:34:07 -0500

Those of us who are blind can also type the word into a search engine even if we have the incorrect spelling. The search engine often comes up with the correct spelling.

E.

At 05:59 PM 11/21/2007, you wrote:
The problem is that those of you who are blind and
have seen a particular name or word can only try
spelling it phonetically, and unfortunately, our
English language has too many homonyms and two many
ways to spell words that don't always make sense. You
spelled Montgomery very logically. There are always
many spelling "errors" in the list posts, but they are
totally logical. To listeners it doesn't make any
difference, and to sighted people it doesn't make any
difference. I don't know about Braille readers. It
must cause them to pause and maybe chuckle. smile

G. Cindy

http://www.eset.com