[bksvol-discuss] OT: scented candles

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if it's a generational thing or an
individual thing, but I hate scented candles. When my
duaghter was living in our second house--we weren't
there--she had lots of them in various rooms--and
there are still some unlit ones in a closet that
assail me when I open the door (long with the first 4
Harry Potter books on a shelf kn that closet--smile).
I do like the attractiveness of candles and they are
certainly useful when the power goes out, but...I
never thought of it before, but I think if I ever
decide to rent out the house I'll put no scented
candles as well as no smoking in the lease. The scent
stays around for quite a while. So, too, does a heavy
after-shave, which my son-in-law used. It took us
quite some time after they left and we moved back in
to get that smell out; it wasn't a scent I liked, or
it wouldn't matter.

grin

The possible meany landlady of the future, Cindy