[bksvol-discuss] Re: O/T: scanner purchase options

  • From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 10:07:31 -0700

HI Sarah,

I wouldn't discount the OpticBook totally. I don't know if you are on the
Kurzweil list but there has been a discussion over the last number of months
on that list and over all the experiences are very good. I know Nick Dotson,
who is on tech support at Kurzweil and a high end user, has one and uses it
with Kurzweil. He is getting 99+ recognition with 4 second a page scans.

You may want to drop him a note to get more feedback before discounting the
OpticBook. You can reach him at
nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am considering getting one here this fall to use with Kurzweil but since
Kurzweil uses the two top recognition applications Scansoft and Finereader I
don't see that the results would be that much different. Plus the OpticBook
was designed for book scanning.

Katie Hill
Expand your wealth at: www.838gold.com
"Come to the edge"