[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: robots and housework

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:40:13 -0500

I don't have one, because I have both a cat and a husband that leave
small objects all over the house.  I sometimes also drop small objects
without noticing.  I have seen one running around a store, and I have
read reviews about them.  Basically they work pretty well.  They do have
to be protected from small objects, rug fringe, and some other dangerous
environments, however.  They will crawl under almost anything and clean
under there.  That could be good or bad.  If like me, you keep stuff you
don't want attacked and cleaned under your bed it could be bad. :-)  I'd
love a lot of other places cleaned, though.  They are quieter than most
vacuums, and the price is only slightly higher than the average vacuum.
I'd like one, but it wouldn't solve the biggest problem I have with
vacuuming, which is getting the floor ready for the process.  they keep
making it smarter, so maybe some day it will be smart enough not to eat
anything bigger than a peanut and it will be safe for my house. LOL  I
have less hope of training the cat.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity