[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: remembering

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:29:16 -0600

I remember the news reels, usually they were about something President Eisenhower had done, or was doing.

I also remember the first jets. They had no compunction about breaking the sound barrier near houses etc. the crash was incredible; and there were always a few broken windows because of it.

I remember the fear of the hydrogen bomb. I finally concluded there was no escape and spent most of my time learning to be a fatalist. <lol>

By the way, my dad had a remote control long before they were popular: it was either my sister or me. My dad ran our house with an iron fist, and he would decide to change channels during some of our favorite shows. What's worse, either my sister or me had to change it for him. However, both of us survived our traumatic *smile* childhoods, or is it childrenhood.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Rosenthal" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>