[bksvol-discuss] Re: O.T read this and when can we get firefox?

  • From: "Joshua M. Swatosh" <josh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:07:15 -0500

Please quote the in its entirety
  -----Original Message-----
  From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of robert tweedy
  Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:20 AM
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] O.T read this and when can we get firefox?

  Read this and I tried it and the wbbsite read it. Hi to the list.
  I had run across an article in a tech news publication and found this
quite interesting.
  Many times, as a matter of convenience, you may copy information to your
Windows clipboard to paste into a web form.
  Even something like a credit card number, to save having to type it out.
  With an exploitation of Java script, a hacker could grab the information
from your clipboard and you would never know it.
  To demonstrate this, copy anything to your clipboard, part of this message
for instance.
  Then go to
  http://www.friendlycanadian.com/applications/clipboard.htm
  and you quite likely will see the contents of your clipboard right on the
page.
  If you're running Firefox, you will not see the clipboard contents because
of that browser's minimal java support.
  This site is harmless and is just a demonstration to illustrate that
clipboard contents may not be 100% private and to use this Windows feature
with caution,
  at least when using the Internet.
  Block quote start
  Block quote end

  ad_images/SGImage1

  If you want to share pictures, use the calendar, or start a questionnaire
  visit
  http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/real-eyes

  To leave the group, email:
  Report abuse